Wednesday, May 5, 2010

i can see you


so as sam, amanda and i were discussing our blogs and writing them and reading them and others reading them (so meta and circular we are) i pondered if there was a blog site hit counter. amanda said that indeed one existed. i said sam should most definitely get one on her shit because she gets a bagillion hits each time she posts, because she is awesome. currently her counter stands at 778 and i installed that shit at the end of last week. impressive. it is interesting to see how many people track you even if they don't technically "follow" you through blogger or whatnot. and although this blog host should give you feedback like facebook does for the administration of a fan page, it doesn't.

i went a huntin for one of these new fangaled contraptions and found me a fancy one. see it at the bottom of the page. although sam rejected this one because it was too busy or too annoying or for whatever reason she gave me, i love this one simply because i can see all of you by location. now that doesn't mean i actually know who is reading, but it gives me a general idea. for example, i think steph's sister read the blog i wrote about her because she is the only person that i know that lives in the city that she does. i know that my friend in wichita has checked it out and also a bunch of people in illinois suburbs that i have never visited. it also lets me know that my ex-boyfriend and now just friend (i guess i should just start referring to him like that) is perhaps stalking this site now (he can be a little ocd) because i have a large number of hits from dublin. either that or he thought my writing was so impressive he got our mutual friends there to read it too. either way i am flattered.

for those who live in larger cities it is harder for me to figure out, but at least i know more people than my 12 "followers" are reading. i was happy with just the 12, but now i really feel honored. so thanks for thinking i am somewhat interesting, or at least odd enough to check out every once in a while. i will attempt to live up to the recognition and stick with this thing for as long as i can. so far it has been a little over a month. wow a year is a long time to commit to something. but don't be shy, click the follow link and i'll show up in your google reader AND i'll know who you are for definite. it's a win win. and if that is too much of a commitment i understand, but just know that i'll be stalking my counter contraption waiting for your town name to pop up.
  

2 comments:

  1. Woah!! I must use this! (But I don't know how... Must figure it out...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna show me how to do this tonight. I don't know where to insert the html code, is the problem.

    ReplyDelete